Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Liberating Myself from Toxic Thinking & Habits

I was reflecting on my gardening and how much joy it brings to me when I do it and when I walk in my garden or simply viewing it from afar. It nurtures my creative spirit. I want to do more.

I love to harvest vegetables and herbs to eat from our garden. And I love to cut flowers to enjoy inside at my desk or to give to others.

I noticed that my list making for the weekend is an HBDI thing. I enjoy gathering all the possibilities and then doing as many as I can. I have to be careful or I will set myself up to fail by assuming that I have to complete everything on the list. These are options, not “have to’s.” There is a very big difference!

The mental energy from a “have to” can be very oppressive and I can create an oppressive mindset that contaminates my joy. I have learned to simply notice and to liberate my spirit by remembering that everything is a “get to.” The only thing I have to do is die. Everything else is a choice, especially my attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment